Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 15, 2009

LOVER'S CROSS


This is Love Fought - two people finding each other; going through life's tough times; and love prevailing in the end.




I'm living in a world so chaotic
Full of confusions and perplexity..
In my childhood I was taught
"Go with the flow or be drifted away..."


I walked down the road of life
It was not easy
The surrounding was rosy
But equally thorny


Many times on my journey
I stopped to look at the view
In my amazement, I tried picking out the flowers
But careless as I am, I got pricked and wounded


I paused to think of those moments
When I got enticed and tempted
But LIFE is here to show me
That Beauty alone can be deceiving


I moved my way onwards
I come across stony and rocky grounds
I thought my sole could withstand
The pressure and strain below the earth


I paused to think of those times
When I have become so assertive and self-assured
As if I have never need anyone
As if my strength alone would suffice


I tried running this time
To immediately reach the end
But little did I knew
One step made me fall two steps backward


I stopped to think of those instances
When I have raced my way through life
Always in haste, always on the run
As if I am the Master of Time


In this lonely voyage
I got tired and exhausted
I looked for a place to rest
In my quest, I saw bodily figures instead


Maybe God may have heard
The utterance of this lonesome heart
Long have I waited
That He would bless me a dear one


Someone who would walk with me
Someone who would understand
Someone who would let me see again
The GREATER things in this life


I tread towards their direction
I was surprise to see three identical forms and statures
Standing there, as if waiting
Standing there in anticipation


I paused to think of those occasions
I was faced with the same dilemma
Granted several options
I have to settle then which decision to take


Without further thought
I took the hand of the coy and timid one
It was my heart who made the choice
It was my heart who whispered, "he is the one..."


He readily gave his hand
With a sweet smile he looked at me intently
My heart has never been this blissful
My heart has never felt this serenity


We traversed together
Through rivers and streams
We made it through the first lap
Never feeling tired nore weary


Somewhere along, each step became heavy
Each stride became burdensome
There were hurdles and blocks ahead
That our feet find difficult to leap


His hand slipped through my fingers
I lost my balance
I fell
It was too late to catch him...


I was left behind..he went on and walked ahead
I rest my face on my lap
With warm tears flowing freely
In sobs, I whispered, " God, help me..."


I paused and think of him
Could it be a mistake?
Could I be wrong?
How could it be when it feels so right?


I got up trying to catch him
I walked briskly as I could
I noticed petals of red roses on my path
This could be it I followed


I saw him sitting by a wooden shed
I rushed to him
Without a word, I hugged him tight
And held him close to me


"I waited for you
I dropped those petals for you to follow
I am here...I wouldn't leave you
We'll cross these lines together,"he mumbled.


The guy got something in his pocket...
A cross- a little silver cross.
He looked at me and said,
"HE will be our guide as we carry our own crosses..."

No comments:

Post a Comment